14.1.17

AWR Intelligent Drives on the way. Or not?

*

AWR[Tech] UK have confirmed that the 8kg parcel, containing my Intelligent Goto Drive system, is finally on its way. I was promised mid December delivery, well in time for Christmas, but it is now January 13th.

Hopefully, I shall be able to share some images and perhaps a YT video when I have something to show. But no, it seems we shall all have to be even considerably infinitely more patient. A flight delay means UPS is rescheduling delivery. It was sitting in Köln in Germany early on Friday 13th at 4am. It is now 8.00, 8.15, 8.30, 8.45am, 9.00, 10.30, 11.00, 11.30am  without any update on the tracking. Will I get the "Express" service my £100 for P&P is paying for and "Guaranteed?" Check back later...

Nope! According to Danish UPS customer services the flight delay means that I shan't see my package until Monday. UPS do no Saturday deliveries in Denmark. Not even Guaranteed Express delivery.

Thank you UPS for completely failing to provide the service for which I paid so lavishly. I checked the Cologne airport webcams. Completely clear and even the grass is green. What snow? Did they mean a delay for the plane leaving the UK?

Saturday 14th: A tracking update: At 4am today, my UPS parcel moved for the first time in 24 hours after not having moved at all. Guaranteed delivery was by end of day YESTERDAY.

Now, 6 10  12 14 28 hours after its departure scan from Cologne it has still not landed. Abduction by a UFO? Traveling by Pony Express? Is that what the 'P' in UPS stands for? Urgent Pony Sh..? Hmm. The Cologne airport is still completely clear of snow on all their webcams.

Sunday 15th and the package still hasn't arrived anywhere.

UPS doesn't seem to know how to spell Köln in German or Cologne in English. Settling for Koeln. Which hardly seems professional, nor shows any respect for their dimmer customers who are following parcel tracking on the UPS website in some unknown language. Koeln? Try searching for that! Dugh?

I'll keep you informed if there is any progress on the parcel. I see UPS.uk has an appalling score on Trust-Pilot.  0.5 out of 10! Not much sign of sponsored bias there!  😉

Monday 16th and it seems that the parcel was scanned into Vejle in Denmark on the Saturday 14th but not shared with the online tracking service until this morning [Monday]! It is now shown as out for delivery "by end of the day" A four day 12th-16th "Overnight Guaranteed"  Express delivery service. 

Finally arrived 12.00 by private courier.

Click on any image for an enlargement.
*

No comments: